Here’s another good one for your weeknight dinner! Pasta with Sausage and Peppers is deliciously filling and quick to prepare. No need to simmer the sauce for hours!
If you are like me, sausage and bell peppers are items that you always have in your refrigerator. The only thing that varies is the type of sausage and the color of the bell pepper.
Whatever variety you have, you would have no problem making this pasta dish.
HOW TO MAKE PASTA WITH SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS
CAN I USE OTHER KINDS OF PASTA FOR THIS SAUSAGE PASTA RECIPE?
Absolutely. Unlike other pasta sauce, this dish goes so well with any shape of pasta. There is enough ‘stickiness’ in the sauce that it will coat any kind of pasta – be it the round ones or the long, flat ones like tagliatelle.
CAN I REPLACE TOMATO SAUCE WITH TOMATO PASTE?
Yep. Not the same quantity though. 😉 Also, do not forget to adjust the seasoning properly and set aside some pasta water to add to the sauce. You will surely need it if you decide to use tomato paste.
CAN I USE WHITE WINE INSTEAD OF RED?
Yes. The only effect is that the sauce would be less red – but maybe that’s what you prefer? 🙂
WHAT TYPE OF SAUSAGE SHOULD I USE FOR THIS SAUSAGE PASTA RECIPE?
Since I use whatever I have on hand, I tend to alternate between regular and spicy flavored sausages. Sometimes I would use those rosemary or fennel flavored types as well.
Oh wait. I have only used Italian sausages with this recipe though – and only the raw ones.
HOW TO SERVE PASTA WITH SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS
You actually don’t need anything else with it – other than a glass of wine, if that’s how you roll. 🙂 But just in case, it’s always better to have some crusty bread within reach. I always end up having a slice (at least) to wipe the remaining sauce off my plate. Yum!
FOR MORE PASTA IDEAS, CHECK OUT MY PASTA COLLECTION!
VIDEO ON HOW TO MAKE PASTA WITH SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS
(*This post contains some affiliate links)
MY AMAZON PICKS:
[easyazon_image align=”none” height=”16″ identifier=”B000GWK2X2″ locale=”US” src=”https://foodandjourneys.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/21FfREpQ2L.SL75.jpg” tag=”erizailli-20″ width=”75″][easyazon_cta align=”none” identifier=”B000GWK2X2″ key=”small-light” locale=”US” tag=”erizailli-20″]
Here's another sausage pasta recipe that you can prepare for a quick lunch or dinner. Pasta with Sausage and Peppers is a delicious and satisfying dish -- minus the hours of simmering the sauce!
- 250 grams penne (about 2 & 1/2 cups)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 pcs sausages, sliced diagonally (almost same length as penne)
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, chopped shorter and thinner than penne
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped shorter and thinner than penne
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/8 tsp pepperoncino (or chili flakes)
- salt and pepper, to season
- fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Cook pasta as per package instructions.
- Heat up olive oil on a large pan, over medium-high heat.
- Once oil is ready, add sausages.
Once sausage has slightly cooked, add garlic. Mix and cook until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add chopped bell peppers. Mix and let cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour red wine. Keep the pan uncovered and let the wine evaporate.
- Add tomato sauce. Mix. Cover pan with a lid and bring to a boil. Keep the lid on and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add chili flakes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add cooked pasta. Mix to combine.
- Serve. Garnish with fresh basil leaves, if desired.
Last Updated on