Swedish Coconut Bites
Add this to your collection of Swedish treat! Good for snack or dessert, Swedish Coconut Bites are so easy to make -- even your kids can prepare them! (VIDEO ABOVE!)
Prep Time25 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time40 mins
- 50 grams butter, melted (about 5 tbsp)
- 2 medium eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar, heaping
- 2 & 1/2 cups desiccated coconut, unsweetened
- 1 lemon, grated zest
- 200 grams dark chocolate
Combine eggs and sugar in a medium-sized bowl. Mix. Add melted butter, lemon zest and desiccated coconut. Mix until properly combined.
Set aside for 15 minutes.
Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
Scoop about 1 & 1/2 tbsp of the coconut mixture and form into a small mountain. Place on top of a baking tray, lined with a baking paper. This recipe normally takes two baking trays. Place the tray in the middle of the oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the tops turned darker in color.
Set aside to cool.
Melt the dark chocolate, in the microwave or using a double-broiler.
Dip each coconut bite in the melted chocolate and set aside until the chocolate has hardened.
- Wet your hands if it's too difficult to form each piece of coconut bite.
- You can place the bites in the refrigerator to cool them down quicker, as long as it's not straight out of the oven.
- Handle the bites carefully when you dip them into the chocolate. If they are have not cooled enough, they might break.