Puff Pastry Pinwheel Cookies
If you've always been wary of making pinwheel cookies, this is the best place to start. Puff Pastry Pinwheel Cookies are crunchy and enjoyable in every bite! No need to make your own pastry this time! Try them with coffee or tea for your next snack! (VIDEO ABOVE)
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time25 mins
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar, more for serving (optional)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder, more for serving (optional)
Sprinkle powdered sugar on your countertop/board. Unroll and flatten puff pastry sheet on top of the powdered sugar. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top of the puff pastry. When using a rolling pin to flatten the puff pastry, dust the rolling pin with more powdered sugar. Sprinkle cinnamon powder. Use a brush to distribute the cinnamon powder evenly.
Roll puff pastry (starting on the long side). Wrap with a plastic and freeze for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
Take the wrapped roll of pastry from the freezer.
Use a serrated knife to cut the rolled puff pastry into portions (about 1/2 inch each cookie/portion).
Use a rolling pin to roll each portion into thinner forms. Use only forward and backward rolling, the cookie pastry would not be a perfect circle at this point. Dust with more powdered sugar.
Place each rolled cookie pastry on top of a baking tray, lined with a baking sheet. Make sure there are some space in between. Cover the cookies with another baking sheet. Place another baking tray on top of the baking sheet to prevent the pastry from puffing too much when cooked.
Place baking tray in the oven for 23 to 25 minutes, or until the cookies are brown or golden in color.
Set aside to cool. Sprinkle with more powdered sugar or cinnamon, if desired.
- Make sure you freeze the puff pastry after rolling.
- Use a serrated knife when cutting the rolled pastry. This makes it easier while maintaining the shape of each cut portion
- Do not forget to place another baking sheet on top of the cookies, and another tray before placing the cookies in the oven. The baking sheet ensures that the cookies do not stick to the tray and the tray stops the cookies from puffing as normal.