Cream of Beans & Mushrooms Soup
Also known as ‘Crema di fagioli e funghi’, a creamy and delicious soup that does not contain cream or milk! Great as an appetizer or a meal on its own – all-year round!
- 1 leek, thinly sliced (only white part)
- 8 pcs mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 & 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 & 1/2 cups cannellini beans, cooked, rinsed
- 1 tbsp thyme, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, for seasoning
- parsley, for garnish
Heat up extra virgin olive oil in medium-sized pan, over medium-high heat. Once oil is ready, add leeks and cook until slightly soft.
Add mushrooms and ¼ cup of the broth. Mix to ensure that nothing sticks to the bottom of the pan.
Once the mushroom is slightly cooked, add the cannellini beans, remaining broth, thyme and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. NOTE: At this point, you can pick some mushrooms and set them aside for garnish later.
Turn the heat to low and use a hand mixer to blitz the soup. Alternatively, you can use a stand mixer to puree the soup.
Bring the pureed soup to boil, adjust seasoning. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Transfer on serving bowls, top with mushroom (from step#3), drizzle some olive oil and garnish with chopped parsley leaves. Serve.