Thai Black Beans in Coconut Milk
Every spoonful is a delicious combo of creaminess and nuttiness for Thai black beans in coconut milk! The bonus part? You can use canned black beans and canned coconut milk for this Asian dessert. Yep, no complicated preparation required! (VIDEO ABOVE)
- 3 cups black beans, cooked and drained
- 2 & 1/4 cups coconut milk
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp salt
In a medium-sized sauce pan, combine black beans and coconut milk. Mix.
Cover with a lid and bring to a boil.
Add sugar. Add salt (if desired).
Cover with a lid, reduce heat to low and simmer for at least 30 mins.
- If you are adding salt, add it slowly and in between tasting. It’s supposed to balance the sweetness, not completely over power it.
- Simmering for slightly longer time is fine. It will give more depth to the overall flavor of the dessert.