Swedish Apple Crumble
Intense apple flavor, and not sugar overload — that’s what you get in every spoonful of this easy Apple Crumble! A perfectly balanced flavor, with some crunchy almonds. You will surely be making this the whole year round! (VIDEO ABOVE)
- 3 large apples
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder, heaping
- 3 tbsp butter, unsalted, chilled; (plus more for greasing)
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced, for topping
PREPARING THE EQUIPMENT & APPLES:
Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
Grease the pie dish generously with softened butter.
Peel the apples. Remove the core and slice thinly.
ASSEMBLING THE CRUMBLE:
Arrange the sliced apples in the greased pie dish.
Add any excess sugar/breadcrumbs/cinnamon mixture on top of the apples.
Add chilled bits of butter, placing them evenly.
Top with some of the sliced almonds.
BAKING THE CRUMBLE:
Place the pans on the lower half of the oven for 35-40 minutes.
Turn off the oven, remove the dish, and set aside for 5 to 10 minutes.
SERVING YOUR SWEDISH APPLE CRUMBLE:
- You can use any type of apple that you preferred, except for the tart ones like Granny Smith.
- Any 8-inch pie dish or tart pan can also be used for this recipe.
- If you like cardamom, try adding a bit of it.
- Whether you are baking or reheating the crumble, make sure you place it on the lower level of your oven to avoid burning the almonds on top.
- If you don't have any breadcrumbs on hand, try making it at home my other post, How-to-Make Breadcrumbs.