Creamy chicken? Honey chicken recipe? One pan chicken…? Check all these boxes! Creamy Honey Mustard Chicken will satisfy all your chicken cravings – even on weeknights!
This is one of my chicken dishes that I rotate regularly — whole year round. Some people might think it’s a ‘cold weather’ dish. Nope. Not for me, at least. Although, I tend to change the type of wine I drink with it. Yep, depending on the season. 🙂
How to make Creamy Honey Mustard Chicken
Which type of mustard to use?
I use plain mustard, because that is what I have on hand – and I never run out of honey. But if you have the honey-mustard variety, feel free to use that. Do not forget to adjust the seasoning of the cream mixture before you pour it on the chicken though. If you feel it needs pepper, add it as well.
What else can I add on the Honey Mustard Sauce?
For this dish, I’ve seen some people add finely diced onion. I’ve tried that – did not like it. I’d rather add herbs than onion. Thyme, for sure, would be great.
Can I use other types of cheese?
Yes. But I personally prefer the intense, hard types (like parmigiano reggiano, grana padano or even pecorino). I felt that using the melty, delicate ones like fontina or mozzarella, do not go so well – the cream tends to overpower it.
What do I serve with this One Pan Chicken?
Some of my friends like it with plain white rice. For us, I always serve creamy honey mustard chicken with bread – crusty country bread or a baguette goes well with it. You don’t even have to slice it. Just tear a chunk of it and use it to wipe the creamy sauce! Yum! 🙂
For other chicken recipes, you can check out these posts:
VIDEO on how to make Creamy Honey Mustard Chicken
(*This post contains some affiliate links)
MY AMAZON PICKS:
- 750 grams chicken breast, (3/4 kilo, about 4 to 5 pieces)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2/3 cup double cream
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup parmigiano reggiano, grated
- parsley, chopped roughly (for garnish)
- In a bowl (or cup), combine double cream, honey, mustard, garlic and a dash of salt. Mix. Set aside.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Heat up olive oil on a medium pan (or skillet). Once oil is ready, start browning chicken.
Pre-heat oven to 200°C (375°F).
- After browning all the chicken breasts, place them all in the pan. Pour cream sauce on the browned chicken. Add grated parmigiano reggiano on top. Bring to a boil (without covering).
- Transfer pan (or skillet) in the preheated oven. After 15 minutes, use a spoon and baste the chicken with some of the cream. Continue cooking for 10-15 more minutes.
- Take the pan out of the oven.
- Garnish with parsley and more grated parmigiano reggiano.
Last Updated on