A staple in Italian desserts, Mascarpone Cream (with no eggs!) elevates mascarpone cheese into a simple treat that you can enjoy on its own, or with some of your favorite fruits. Endless possibilities!
(*This post contains some affiliate links)
WHAT IS MASCARPONE CREAM?
It is a combination of mascarpone cheese and eggs — or in this case light cream.
My mother-in-law makes it with eggs, but I prefer making mascarpone cream without eggs, and with a lighter cream.
From my experience, mascarpone cheese with eggs feels lighter than with cream. So, to get the best of both worlds, I use this light cream (or half and half) instead of double cream.
I have no problem buying organic eggs in Stockholm, but I just prefer the consistency (and taste) when I make it this way.
HOW TO MAKE MASCARPONE CREAM WITH NO EGGS
TIPS ON MAKING THIS MASCARPONE RECIPE
- Make sure the mascarpone is straight out of the refrigerator – as in COLD.
- Drain mascarpone cheese. It’s not common to see watery ones, but I have seen a couple of them. Make sure you get rid of the water first.
- You can use vanilla extract, but I personally think the seeds are better. The flavor is more intense and it’s nice to see those tiny bits of vanilla seeds in the cream.
- It’s ok to use double cream instead of light cream, if that’s what you prefer.
WANT TO TRY MORE MASCARPONE RECIPES? THEN CHECK OUT THIS RECIPE –
FOR MORE STAPLES OF ITALIAN COOKING, TRY MY OTHER POSTS –
OR IF YOU WANT MORE DESSERT IDEAS, THEN CHECK OUT MY DESSERTS COLLECTION!
A staple in Italian cuisine, this Mascarpone cream recipe (with no eggs!) elevates mascarpone cheese into a simple treat that you can enjoy on its own, or with some of your favorite fruits. Endless possibilities! (VIDEO ABOVE)
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese (250 grams)
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, seeded
- 1 cup light cream, chilled
- Make sure the mascarpone cheese is cold (i.e. straight out of the refrigerator).
- If you can, use a vanilla bean for more intense flavor. Otherwise, substitute it with vanilla extract.
- You can use double cream instead of light cream.
Last Updated on